Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Feet


I enjoy getting a pedicure, especially when accompanied by some girl-friends where we can use the time to chat, laugh, and catch-up while our feet are given care and attention.  It is always fun to have my friend Merri join me just to see what color or design she chooses.  Her toes tend to be bright and colorful and sometimes glittery and sparkly.  I am not near that adventurous.  When given all the 100s of colors to choose from, I stick with my favorite, OPI Red.  (It has a hidden name among my friends, but probably not appropriate for my mamapreacher blog!)  For me, OPI Red does the trick at hiding my ugly feet. 

My feet are ugly.  They are wide and short.  They are cracked and callused.  Yet, they were the subject of Sunday’s sermon.  In fact, your feet were the subject of the sermon, too.  The Apostle Paul says, in Romans 10: 15 “how beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news.”  Our feet were created beautiful in order that good news might be brought to an ugly and broken world. 

Our feet that bring good news were created to:

                Flex:                      to change our course when God calls us in a different direction

                Empathize:        to feel the pain of this world and recognize the suffering among us

                Encourage:         to build-up those around us who are broken, hurting, and in need

                Travel:                 to go near and far to spread the good news of God’s love

 

 

2 comments: