Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Mama

You may know that I have an addiciton to Diet Coke.  I have been waiting for my favorite name to appear on the can or bottle I am drinking, and it finally did today.  Most mornings, it's the first word I hear.  "Mo....mmmmmmmy, Mom, Mama, where are you?" are the sweet noises coming from 22- month old Kate's room as she eagerly waits for me to remove her from her crib. 

I love being a mom.  I have always known I wanted to be a mom.  I played with dolls from an early age, babysat for many children, and dreamed and prayed for the day that I would be a mom.  In fact, I believe that one of my first callings in life is to be a wife and mother.  As a full time working mom, I almost daily remind myself  that my husband and our three girls come before my job, my career, and my call to be a clergy person.  God called me to be a mom and God blessed me with 3 little girls who call me by that name. 

Yesterday I was a little disappointed when searching for a blog name and "preachermama" was already taken and then I realized that mamapreacher was more appropriate for me.  I am a mom first.  I certainly don't always get it in the right order and on those days grace abounds.  On the days when I do get it right, I am most content and most fully living into God's call on my life.

6 comments:

  1. I know for a fact you are an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are a great mom! I love watching you balance it all with such grace. I admire you for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, now I want a COKE and to change my blog name :) Well said, roomie!

    ReplyDelete