Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Stepping Out On My Own

According to our Conference Web and Communications manager, I am the most popular blogger on the WNCC site.  This landed me an invitation to ConneXion, an event for people wishing to learn more about sharing the good news in an electronic universe.  In an attempt to be fully transparent, I explained to organizers that I did not write a blog of my own; I only wrote when asked for the conference blog.  The invitation persisted despite my protests and the decision was made that I was the "right" person to share an 8 minute TED talk about blogging.  It is time to step out on my own!

As a junior in high school, I remember crying to my mother the night before I was to board a plane for a six week exchange program in Russia.  "I can't do it, mom, I am scared."  Despite my protest, I boarded the plane the next day.  Then there was the day my parents took me to college and I saw the tears creep in the corner of my daddy's eyes as we hugged goodbye.  I thought "I can't do this, I want to go back home and be a little girl again."  And I remember the day, the DS called and said, "we need you to make a mid-year move to a church in need of healing."  "Who me?  I don't know how to proivde hope and healing?"  I guess I have stepped out on my own many times before and despite my protests, the situations have proved fruitful and God has been faithful. 

The reality for me is that stepping out on my own is scary and exciting.  I know I have a lot to learn about the blogging world.  So here goes and stay tuned for thoughts on how life is for this mamapreacher who loves God and her family and is passionate about sharing the love of God with others.  Step one....Save and Publish.....I think?!  

4 comments:

  1. Way to go, Sally!!!! I loved my blogging years and I hope to get back to it at some point. If this old lady aunt of yours can do it, YOU can too! This is a great start and I look forward to many more. Your head and heart are full of words from God and it is a blessing that you are sharing them. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere, Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! So proud of you! I am looking forward to reading your new blog. You are an inspiration to many-including me! LYSM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a coincidence. I just started one myself. I know yours will be great!

    ReplyDelete