Friday, February 27, 2015

Blessing Bags







Tonight our friends, Lauren, Mac and Graham Loper came over and we made blessing bags to share with people who might need them.  Lauren shared this idea with me and we each gathered toiletries and snack items to fill a Ziploc bag.  The plan is to keep these bags in our cars, so that we can share them with someone in need.  Our 5 kids decorated cards that read “Our family hopes these item will be of help and remind you that you are loved” and then they filled the bags.  The bags are by no means perfect.  Some have 2 bottles of water; others are missing deodorant or chapstick, but one thing for sure, each bag is filled with love. 


Jesus said, “When I was hungry, you gave me something to eat and when I was thirsty you gave me something to drink” (Matthew 25).  I pray that my girls encounter Jesus when we reach out in love to our neighbors in need.  These blessings bags will not solve the issue of homelessness and they will not offer anything long term, and yet they can help transform our hearts to be more loving and generous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment