Friday, March 6, 2015

Never Underestimate the Power of God


“Never underestimate the power of God.”  I have both heard and said that phrase many times.  I experienced this reminder earlier today through a text from a friend.  She had just arrived at the doctor’s office for a test and was feeling nervous.  There hanging on the wall in the waiting room were pictures of two little girls she had once cared for and continues to love. 



I would never have imagined when I took Ella and Mattie to have 5 year old portraits made at McNeilly’s photography that the portrait would become a vehicle through which God reminds people of God’s presence.  I simply wanted to capture the childlike beauty of my girls at age 5.  Those portraits were my Christmas gift in 2012 and will be a lifelong treasure.  McNeilly’s chose to place a copy in a doctor’s office where they hang as a decoration.  Never underestimate the power of God or the many ways God works in our lives.  To some the portraits are just that a portrait of a set of twins and to others those portraits have bought comfort, smiles, and God’s presence.  Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment