Monday, October 6, 2014

Be Still and Know


Today is day 6 of a 31 day blogging challenge with my friend and colleague reverendmommy, Robin Fitzgerald.We will be using a daily word prompt from katemotaung.com.




Scripture has the power to comfort our souls.  For me one of those verses is Psalm 46:10, “be still and know that I am God.”  In the midst of my busy days and moments where perfectionism rears its ugly head, I have learned to pray this verse.  Suddenly my heart calms and my focus is turned from myself to God.

 
 
                There is so much pressure in our schools today.  I have taught my girls and other children a simple breath prayer using this Psalm.  I have encouraged them to breathe 3 times while silently saying this words; as the breathe in "Be Still" and breathe out "and know that I am God."  They can do this before walking into the cafeteria, before taking a test, before participating in tryouts, or when hurt or betrayed by a friend.  It is my prayer that they will KNOW that God is with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment