Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Good Morning, let's go!

Today is day 28 of a 31 day blogging challenge with my friend and colleague reverendmommy, Robin Fitzgerald.We will be using a daily word prompt from katemotaung.com


My Aunt Jane gave me an alarm clock for Christmas one year.  It was a bear holding a drum.  When the alarm went off, the bear beat the drum and said, “Hey, hey,hey, good morning, let’s go!”  It was loud and short lived as my WAKE-up call.  I preferred my mother’s voice waking me saying, “good morning sunshine.”  During college, I didn’t have to worry about setting an alarm because my roommate set two or three of her own and they would all go off at least 20 minutes before she actually had to get-up.
 

 I tend to wake easily and get out of bed soon after the alarm.  I don’t hit the snooze.  Most days my alarm goes off at 5:30 AM.   I love the hour of quiet that I have to shower and get lunches packed and everything ready before waking the girls and inviting the drama into our morning routine.  If I don't have my quiet time with God and moments for self reflection, my whole day feels discombobulated and out of sync. 

In the quietness of my morning, I am able to spend time with God.  I read my devotion and pray for those who are on my heart and mind.  The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23).  That is good news and perhaps a reason to jump out of bed ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment