Saturday, October 25, 2014

Fall

Today is day 25 of a 31 day blogging challenge with my friend and colleague reverendmommy, Robin Fitzgerald.We will be using a daily word prompt from katemotaung.com.


 
I love the change of season, and I especially love fall.  The crisp nip in the air.  The beautiful orange, red, and yellow leaves.  The crunching of the leaves on the ground.  Hayrides.  Pumpkin muffins.  Harvest candles.  Freshly picked apples.  I enjoy it all.  Scripture tells us “to everything there is a season” (Ecclesiastes 3:1).  Seasons change; God is at work all around us and yet God’s presence reminds constant and unchanging. 
Today marks exactly 2 months until Christmas.  The stores are already selling Christmas decorations and items.  I look forward to the preparing and celebrating that will take place at our house, at our church, and in our community, but I also feel overwhelmed wondering how I will get it all done.  For today, I chose to fully experience the present; to live in the moment and enjoy the gift of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment