Sunday, October 12, 2014

Times of Rest



Today is day 12 of a 31 day blogging challenge with my friend and colleague reverendmommy, Robin Fitzgerald.We will be using a daily word prompt from katemotaung.com.

A great find oen year at Holden Beach.
 
 
Holden Beach is one of my favorite places for Sabbath.  All 19 members of my family share a big house for a week each summer.  We eat, we tell stories, we laugh, and we spend ALL day on the beach.  It nourishes my soul to be with family, to hear the waves crashing, and to feel the sand between my toes. 


A fall evening before Kevin's 10 year reunion!
 

Another favorite place for Sabbath is my parent’s house in Cullowhee.  I love sitting in a rocking chair on their sun porch watching the fog rise from the valley below.  This is my favorite time of the year to go home because the mountains are vibrant colors of red, yellow, and orange.  The mountains nourish my soul.

My covenant group is another soul nourishing place in my life.  I gather monthly with these women to share the joys and struggles of ministry and motherhood.  We laugh, we cry, we talk, we listen, and we serve as Sabbath for each other.  Another Sabbath moment for me is playing dress-up, having a dance party, or swinging outside with my 3 girls.  Their laugher and smiles nourish my soul.

These soul nourishing, moments of REST renew me for service in God’s world.  Sabbath is part of the natural rhythm of life in order that humanity can move about our days fully present and fully alive to God’s purpose for life.

 

 

 

               

               

No comments:

Post a Comment