Thursday, October 23, 2014

Look, Mommy!

Today is day 23 of a 31 day blogging challenge with my friend and colleague reverendmommy, Robin Fitzgerald.We will be using a daily word prompt from katemotaung.com.


“Mommy, look!” Kate and I spend a lot of time in the car to and from daycare each day.  It is our time.  We sing and sing and sing.  And then all along the way she points out different things to me.  “See sunshine.  See airplane.  She dog.  See mountains.  See bird.  See tree.  Mommy, look!”  One day I will miss her constant reminder of the world around us.  The older and more preoccupied with life, the less time we take to look and appreciate the beauty and variety of the world around us.


 

As a child one of my favorite songs to request during our Sunday school time of singing was All Things Bright and Beautiful.

Refrain:
All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful:
The Lord God made them all.

Each little flow’r that opens,
Each little bird that sings,
He made their glowing colors,
He made their tiny wings.

The purple-headed mountains,
The river running by,
The sunset and the morning
That brightens up the sky.

He gave us eyes to see them,
And lips that we might tell
How great is God Almighty,
Who has made all things well.
  

These words speak to the creatures and creation of an almighty God.  I am thankful that Kate reminds me to use my eyes to see and appreciate the beauty of creation.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment